Monday, January 07, 2008

So, let's review.

I really really suck at keeping up with my blog. Really. And most of it's a pretty boring blog to reread now that I'm playing with it tonight. So, why am I here? Specifically, I got on this evening to see what I wrote at the beginning of 2007 with regard to resolutions/life changes. Let's see what I wanted to accomplish...

******

It seems that mostly I wanted to read more-smarter-grown-up-stuff. Heh. Looking over the big 2007 book list, it seems that I did okay on classics (went on a bit of a Jane Austen and JA spin-off kick), but didn't manage to learn much of anything other than some travel do and don'ts, and that I really wouldn't have liked law school.

Since I'm planning on popping a kid out in 10 weeks or so, and I have a bunch of baby books on the way, I think I'll do okay on any new "learning" goal for 2008. I suspect that I won't finish 80 books again any year soon, though.

******

I didn't post many details about my weight loss, but I started the 6 Week Body Makeover on January 22nd. Over the next 10 weeks, I lost 27 pounds. I also lost 32 inches (in total) from my neck, shoulders, chest, biceps, forearms, waist, hips, thighs and calves. I think I went from a 1 or 2x on top down to a L or XL. And on bottom, I went from a 20/22 to a pretty comfy 16. Then, while I didn't go off the plan completely, I switched to more of a maintenance mode.

Most of my weightloss came from simply changing my diet. I found the eating plan for my type (B) really easy to follow once I got used to measuring everything out. After those 10 weeks, I still followed the eating plan for the most part, but didn't worry if I treated myself to desserts not on the plan, or if we felt like eating out. And I really did maintain the loss -- fluctuating up and then back down a few pounds, but I don't know anyone who doesn't do that.

I didn't do well on the exercise part of the plan. Let's just leave it at that.

Since July, when I found out that I was pregnant, all "diet" type plan went out the window. I haven't been weighing myself and my doctors never give me the number. I plan to start the makeover plan again after the baby comes and we (fingers crossed!) get into a more regular routine. Hopefully, there will be some exercise added to things, too. Maybe.

No comments: